Name of the Position: Consultant (Documentation & Communications)
Purpose of the Role:
Maintaining documentation of all important and critical process carried out to improve the program intervention indicators.
The responsibilities and accountability includes:
- Assisting program manager to prepare and finalise all programmatic reports and data base for the projects (quarterly, annually).
- Preparing presentations for review meetings, donor’s report, program presentations, reports for all events, campaign activities and ensure social media advocacy.
- Development of Social media content for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and posting of the story on regular basis for program visibility.
- Compiling and recording of all the events / activities and minutes of meetings.
- Development of case stories and success stories
- Monthly collation of all work with program team through narrative reports
- Regular visit to field with program teams to capture impact stories and photo & video shoots
- Knowledge of graphic designing, Photoshop, photo editing, creative presentation
- Work closely with MnE specialists to strengthen result management and deliverables
- Develop stories for and external communication materials for various outlets, such as – website, newsletter annual reports and media platforms like – Facebook, Insta, twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- Perform any other duty assigned by program manager as per need.
- Educational Qualifications – Masters in Mass communication / Social work. Additional diploma course related to Mass Comm would be having additional weightage to the candidate.
- Must be having minimum 4-5 years of experience working on similar skill set
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in English & Kannada.
- Experience of documentation of processes, writing reports, notes, social media posts, photo & video capturing skills
- Must have knowledge and understanding of social sector and issues.
- Excellent skills of interpersonal communication, presentation skills and writing in English
- Experience in Documentation, qualitative and qualitative data interpretation.
Name of the Position:Consultant – Project Coordinator
About United Way Bengaluru
United Way is a not-for profit-organization that seeks to engage with and empower local communities. We have a worldwide network of local chapters, where each chapter addresses the key challenges facing a particular geographic community. We strive to:
- Analyse the root causes of societal problems
- Create awareness about issues that affect communities
- Mobilize communities to participate in development
- Build platforms for communities and the government to work together
- Provide financial and skill-based assistance
- Promote social and policy change that strengthens communities
Our global network provides the foundations for increased community impact. It comprises multidisciplinary capabilities, distributed at the global, regional, national and local levels, strengthened by centres of excellence.
For more information please log on to– www.uwbengaluru.org
United Way Bengaluru is implementing a health system-strengthening project in Urban Bengaluru specific to the Urban Primary Health Centers. The focus areas are infrastructure and equipment upgradation and building community outreach with the measured outcome to achieve — improved utilization of the UPHC services. This is a CSR funded project with rigid timelines and defined deliverables to achieve. The project duration is one year.
- Complete on ground activity implementation responsibility
- Facilitate visits of the baseline team to the selected 5 UPHCs
- Develop good and cordial relationships with all the stakeholders at the 5 UPHCs
- Work with the project manager and the civil engineer contractor in refurbishing the UPHCs as per the agreed plan of work, quality and timeline
- Work with the project team in designing the training program for the front line health workers
- End to end responsibility of training implementation and community outreach
- Work with the front line health workers across the 5 UPHCs in planning, implementing and monitoring community outreach activities
- Build good relationships with the stakeholders at the UPHC and the community
- Ensure all activities are completed as per the plan and timeline
- To make preparation for donor visits and volunteering activities as and when needed
- Be part of the periodic project review meetings and present the updates including weekly / monthly /quarterly reports
- Complete ownership of the photo / video documentation especially the infrastructure work and community outreach work
- Ensure professionalism at all times and demonstrate exemplary prioritization skills
- Ensure that the organization policies and protocols are being adhered to at all levels
- Ensure strict adherence to data confidentiality and security
- Willingness to travel frequently, sometimes at short notice, including to rural and remote places as per need of project or organization
- Be available for volunteering, disaster response and other emergency needs
- Work closely with project manager
- Take responsibility in managing assigned projects whenever necessary
Note:The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive. Flexibility is required and to carry out any other related duties that are necessary for the optimum functioning of the organization as a whole within the employee’s skills and abilities. The candidate should be available whenever a need is pointed out or becomes apparent or as reasonably instructed.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
- Masters in Social Work/ Health Sciences/Anthropology/ Sociology/Rural development
- Experiences of working on community development / health / nutrition / health infrastructure projects
- Good experience and understanding of community outreach activities
- Experience of upto 5 years, more than 5 years is advantage
- Past experience of working in CSR domain will be helpful
- Sound understanding and implementation of work ethics
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Good data management and computer skills — MS Office
- Able to meet deadline and produce quality outputs
- Humility, honesty, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality, able to learn new systems, methods, processes and procedures
- Open to new challenges and project domains
Title: Manager/Sr.Manager – Projects (Rural Development)
About United Way Bengaluru: United Way Bengaluru is the local chapter of United Way Worldwide.The organization acts as an enabler and driver of collective impact by intelligently mapping CSR funds to community needs. We are known to drive innovative and unique solutions to resolve social issues through our flagship programs like ‘Wake the Lake’, ‘Born Learning’ and “Rise for Rural”
Manager – Projects is responsible for delivery of programs in a certain geography/ domain as defined by UWB. End to end responsibility of delivering program activities as per timelines, monitoring of implementation partners, managing program funds, managing partnerships and Government relationships, sharing reports and updates, building capacity of NGOs and communities.
Program Management and Implementation
– Conduct field visits and data gathering visits to understand needs of a community and share findings with the management team to be incorporated into proposals for prospective funders
– Ensure all new and existing programs are delivered as per the program plan for the domain/geography along with implementation partners or directly by UWB
– Ensure continuous monitoring and evaluation of NGOs to ensure program objectives are achieved as defined in the MoU with the funder
– Ensure reliable vendors are contracted and monitored to deliver program outcomes for programs owned by UWB
– Ensure new NGOs are identified and shared with the due diligence team to increase the number of implementation partners for programs
– Ensure program documentation and process is followed as defined in the standard operating procedure for program delivery by the management team of Community Engagement
– Build capacity of NGO partners to help them deliver program objectives and be more transparent in their interactions
– Liaison with the Government officials/ local village administration to seek approvals, build relationships and ensure smooth delivery of program objectives
– Experience in Rural Development projects, Watershed activities and FPOs will be an asset
– Experience in working with Gross root level Partner NGOs
Collaboration with internal functions
– Support the corporate relations team to facilitate corporate visits to the NGO/ community and volunteering activities as per plan
– Collaborate with the corporate relations team to plan specific events and volunteering activities for corporates during the year
– Liaison with corporate partners on visits/ volunteering events and share progress details of the program
– Review and monitor the utilization of budgets allocated for the program and ensure compliance
– Ensure all the program related paperwork is submitted on salesforce for approval and disbursement of funds
– Ensure all quarterly and annual reports are sent to the corporate relations team to share with the funders
– Collaborate with other United Way Chapters to help implement programs that are successful in the Bangalore chapter
– Collaborate with the Finance and Accounts team to ensure adherence to process on vendor selection, registration and engagement
– Ensure the team is adequately staffed to implement all the programs for the domain/geographies
– Train, mentor and groom team to build their capacity and improve their performance
|Experience||– At least 8 years of relevant work experience
– At least 5 years of program management/ project management/ grassroots level experience
Masters/ Post Graduates – Social Work
|Languages needed||English, Hindi, Kannada (any other regional languages)|
|Skillset Required||• Planning and execution
• Program Management
• Collaboration and partnerships
• Networking skills
• Communication skills
• Team Development
• Effective time management
|Other requirements||Willing to travel extensively – About 70% of the time or As per the Organisation requirements
Some experience in monitoring and evaluation will be beneficial
Please submit the above to email@example.com