United Way Bengaluru, in partnership with Women and Child Development Department has initiated activities in selected urban and peri-urban anganwadis to add value to the existing facilities and activities. In particular, United Way Bengaluru seeks to ensure school readiness and holistic development for children between 0-6 years through Born Learning Campaign.
- Enhance early learning abilities, including fine and gross motor skills, among children
- Engage with mothers to spread awareness about health and hygiene among children
- Provide a conducive environment for children for early learning.
BLC works to facilitate model anganwadis. Towards this, the following aspects are given importance:
- Improve the nutritional and health status of children in the age-group of 0-6 years.
- Lay the foundation for proper psychological, physical and social development of the child.
- Impart nutrition and health education to mothers and strengthen their capacities to look after the health and nutritional needs of the child
- Achieve effective co-ordination of policy and implementation amongst the various departments to promote child development.
- Enhance the capacities of Bal Vikas Samitis
- Encourage volunteering activities among corporate employees