United way of Bengaluru channelizes volunteer efforts towards results for the community. Volunteers work with United Way Bengaluru to develop lasting solutions for issues that affect the city. You too can volunteer and help us make it happen!
Our volunteering opportunities:
- Are for all citizens – students, professionals, home makers, and in fact anyone who wants to take action for the city’s good.
- Acquaint you with real issues and help you to address them.
- Follow rules and are developed keeping in mind civic norms. We get all the permissions necessary for you to execute your work as a volunteer without any obstacles.
- Provide you with models and methods to carry out your work and also let you see the impact it makes.
- Help you build planning and organizational skills, and provide opportunities for team work.
Our well-designed volunteering programs are particularly suited for students looking to gain community work experience. The nature and duration of the program can be aligned with your specific skills or requirements. Since we are an affiliate of United Way Worldwide, volunteering with us is a great way to fulfill the community work requirement laid out by foreign universities and organizations.
Register today to be part of our volunteer team!
“United Way Bengaluru’s volunteer events are always good experiences as they are well planned, and provide opportunities to spend time on meaningful activities which help make an impact.”– Praveen Kulkarni, Volunteer
Praveen works with a large multinational in the city and started volunteering with United Way at a ‘Wake the Lake’ event in 2010. He reiterates that volunteering leaves him feeling happy and satisfied about giving back to society. He tells a heart-warming tale – about the influence his commitment has had on his nine-year old son, Parth. Praveen reminisces that Parth accompanied him for the plantation drive at the Herohalli Lake in 2010. Parth was only five years old but he absolutely loved the experience and started accompanying him to all the events.