United Way is a volunteer driven not-for profit-organization that seeks to engage with and empower local communities. We have a worldwide network of local chapters, where each chapter addresses the key challenges facing a particular geographic community. We strive to:
- Analyse the root cause of the problems.
- Creating awareness on key issues that affect the community.
- Mobilise communities to participate in the solution development.
- Building a platform for communities and the government to work together.
- Providing financial and skill-based assistance.
- Promoting social and policy change that strengthens people and their communities.
Our global network provides the foundation for increased community impact.
It comprises multidisciplinary capabilities, distributed at the global, regional, national and local levels, strengthened by centres of excellence.
“We facilitate change by bringing different stakeholders – such as the corporates, NGOs, community members, government, and institutions – on a single platform to address pressing issues in their own communities and to improve the quality of life around them, thereby, making the community stronger and better.”
– Manish Michael, Chief Executive Officer, United Way Bengaluru
“I personally feel that the city needs a backbone where collaborative action can happen, and United Way has the opportunity to be the glue to bring together people who are well meaning and who have lots to give, and where their thought leadership can be synergized to a common platform.”
– Prashanth Prakash, Chair Board, United Way Bengaluru.